What some people call "nerds," others refer to as "people with passion." Whatever you call it, we have hobbies and interests that we're super into. So, here are just a few of the things we "nerd out" over:
* Cooking, food and eating. Not long after we met, we started watching the show "Top Chef" together and cooking food from the episodes. Every Wednesday night got to be Top Chef Night. We learned a lot about food and cooking and we still love to cook together. Our culinary celebration of Top Chef Night was even written about in our local newspaper (the photo above appeared with the story). We have A LOT of cookbooks.
* Lynne loves comedy and the history of how the American comedy scene has changed and grown over the years. She listens to A LOT of podcasts. She even gave a speech at a local event called "How Improv Philosophy Can Change Your Life."
* Lynne also is a reading nerd. She reads a lot and she reads everything. But she especially likes nonfiction.
* Keith loves Star Wars, Dr. Who and movies and old TV shows in general. His collection of Star Wars, movie and Simpsons collectibles is the envy of everyone who sees it (the above photo is just a tiny fraction of what lines the walls of the basement). Lynne also loves "The Simpsons." In fact, Keith's spot-on Homer Simpson impression on their first date made her laugh so hard the server at the restaurant hinted maybe the laughing was a little too loud.
* Keith LOVES music -- punk, SKA, 1980s New Wave, hip hop -- pretty much everything. His CD and vinyl library rivals many radio stations. He was even recognized as a "super fan" by local band "The Suburbs" when they released a recent album.
* Lynne loves old movies -- "Gone With The Wind," anything with Marilyn Monroe and old Hollywood glamour. Even the original Muppets and vintage Bugs Bunny cartoons make her very, very happy.
* This is a terrible photo, but it illustrates that we are museum nerds. Art museums, history museums, anthropology museums, music museums, in our city and wherever we visit around the world -- we love them all.
Yes, we are passionate people with a variety of interests. Yes, we are nerds. And proud of it. We're looking forward to learning what interests our newest little family member and helping him or her enjoy and "nerd out" over those passions.